Who the hell do you think you are.
Donna’s story summed up by Steven Moffat before it was even concluded
Lana & Jen behind the scenes at GMA. (x)
- Steven Moffat, no matter what you think of him, just isn’t that sexist.
- Pointing out every flaw of Davis’ era does not help Moffat, it only creates a bigger gap.
- Yes, Moffat’s story arcs are complex, but they’re not that complex, and there is nothing wrong with them.
- Yes, Davis’ story arcs are incredibly simple and can sometimes consist of only random phrases, but there is nothing wrong with that.
- Neither eras are perfect.
- Rose is not the most important companion.
- Ten is not a perfect hero. He is as flawed as the Doctor’s ever been.
- Eleven is not the only face to be manipulative. That is a trait the Doctor has always had.
- The Doctor is not a hero. Stop glorifying him.
- Not everybody is glorifying the Doctor’s actions when trying to defend him.
- New Who is not superior to Classic Who and vice versa.
- Don’t complain about Classic Who’s effects. They did the best with what they had.
- Don’t complain about what they have and have not done in the past. You cannot change the fact that it has/has not been done.
- If you have a problem with the show, don’t watch it. This applies to any other show/book/movie/podcast/etc.
- If you are spreading slander and hate, do not call yourself a critic. It makes actual critics look bad.
- If you think spreading slander, hate, threats, etc is in any way a good idea, seek help.
- There are people who like what you don’t. Don’t make them feel bad for liking it.
- Doctor Who has an ever changing canon. It’s constantly being rewritten. This is not a sole trait of Moffat.
- Just because you don’t relate to a companion doesn’t mean nobody else does.
- Being special does not mean they’re not worthy of being a companion.
- This is a television show, not the back-drop to your greaser-soc war.
- Nobody benefits from YouTube videos of a person complaining about an era using over opinionated misinterpretations.
- Do not judge a relationship when they only showed tiny bits of it on screen.
- This show is not tailor made to fit you. You have no right to complain when it doesn’t do what you want.
The truth is our job isn’t always great and sometimes it sucks. But it sucks a little less when I get to do it with you.
"Can we see it? Up close?"
- Susan escaped from Gallifrey with her grandfather with little to no understanding of what was going on or why; Being technically no more than a very young child, she’s understandably rather traumatized by the whole ordeal
- Vicki’s mother died when she was young, and her father took a job on a colony planet. The ship carrying them to their new home crashed all the survivors barring Vicki were murdered, including her father.
- Steven grew up during a war in which he’d later fight; his ship crashed on a hostile planet were he was captured and kept as a prisoner for over two years with only a stuffed animal for company.
- Jamie was a piper who ended up fighting in a war.
- Victoria’s father was killed by the daleks
- Sarah Jane’s parents died in a car accident when she was young; she was raised by her aunt, who she’d later impersonate while working as a journalist.
- Tegan was on her way to start her job as an air stewardess when a series of unfortunate mistakes led to the murder of her aunt by the hands of the Master
- Nyssa’s planet was destroyed and her father taken over by the Master to be used as a new body
- Peri was a college student studying botany when she met the Doctor
- I’m not even going to go on about Ace that would take hours
I’m sorry but Rose isn’t the first companion to have a life
Women are brave. Women are powerful. Women are clever. Women are beautiful. Women are determined. Women are strong. Women are independent. Women are fearless.